Mixing machinery & blenders
Jas Enterprise's engineers are ready to customize the design of the Ribbon Blender to meet your specific mixing requirements. Mixing vessels can be standard "U" shape or cylindrical depending on internal pressure or vacuum requirements. Material finishes ranging from industrial coatings to dairy grade polishes are available.
Application specific rotor mixing element design allows shorter batch cycle times due to increased mixing efficiency. Efficient mixing also provides good heat transfer through optional ASME Code designed jackets for heating or cooling applications.
The Jas ribbon blenders are based on a proven agitator construction that provides a triple mixing action thus ensuring fast efficient blending. The dimensions and configuration of the ribbons in ribbon blender are carefully balanced to provide a movement of material within the container that avoids dead spots and gives rapid product discharge. The design of the Jas ribbon blenders can incorporate features required for a customer's product or process such as: wear resistance, corrosive resistance, vacuum filling and discharge arrangements, special shaft seals, heating/cooling jackets. Ribbon blenders are available in sizes 100-8000 liters in Stainless Steel 304, Stainless Steel 316 and Mild Steel Construction
Triple Mixing Action of Ribbon Blender
- As the agitator rotates in Ribbon Blender, the material is tumbled and carried radially around the inside of the blender.
- The pitch of the outer ribbon moves the material towards the discharge opening.
- The inner ribbon which has a opposing pitch moves the material away from the discharge opening
Benefits of ribbon blander
- Sanitary design-heavy gauge, stainless steel constructions.
- Bearing mounted on lanterns outside of mixing container to avoid contamination.
- Wide range of arability.
- Feeding through a hopper mounted on top of blender.
About of Ribbon Blenders
Ribbon blenders are widely used for homogeneous mixing of dry granules & powders. The blender comprises a 'U' shaft with two sets of spiral ribbons, one inside the other. Inner and outer ribbons are perfectly arranged, that during rotation, the material reaches each corner of the trough and imparts radial & linear motion to the whole of the material to be mixed. Our range of ribbon blenders are based on a proven agitator construction that provides a triple mixing action ensuring fast, efficient blending
Available Models of Ribbon Blenders
|Model No||Chamber size in inch
(L X W X H)
|Useful capacity volume in litre||approximate Kg for Spices||Required H.P.|
|Jas-RB-50||18 X 12 X 15||50||10||1|
|JAS - RB-100||21 X 15 X 18||80||25||2|
|JAS - RB-250||24 X 18 X 24||150||50||3|
|JAS - RB-500||36 X 18 X 24||250||100||5|
|JAS - RB-1000||48 X 24 x 30||500||200||7.5|
|JAS - RB-1500||60 X 30 X 36||1000||500||10|
|JAS - RB-2000||84 X 30 X 36||1250||750||12.5|
|JAS - RB-3000||120 X 30 X 36||2000||1000||15|
|JAS - RB-4000||120 X 42 X 42||4000||20-25|
|JAS - RB-5000||120 X 48 X 54||5000||25-30|
|JAS - RB-6000||130 X 48 X 54||6000||30-40|
|JAS - RB-7000||140 X 48 X 54||7000||40-50|
|JAS - RB-8000||150 X 48 X 54||8000||40-50|
Applications of Ribbon Blenders :
Food & Ingredients Infant formula, cocoa mix, instant salad dressing, cake mixes, spices and seasonings, flavorings, gelatin... the list of food material in which our blender can speed up mix times and provide consistent uniformity, goes on and on. variety of feed and discharge arrangements are possible to tailor to your needs.
Our blenders provide the required uniformity in shorter times which means less dusting and breakage of the ingredients that can cause gastric ulcers in the animals, and bridging of downstream handling equipment. Additionally, by using scrapers or drop bottom discharge, the amount of material left over between batches is minimized, reducing the opportunity for bacterial growth.
Slurries The action within ribbon blenders is vigorous enough to homogeneously distribute liquid slurries. Special high speed intensifiers can be added to the bottom to help break lumps that may be present. Proper shaft seal design is critical for handling liquids. Shaft seal choices include: mechanical, packing glands and double mechanical.
Standard Features of Ribbon Blenders
- Available in working capacity of 100 liters - 8,000 liters
- Available in all grades of stainless steel, carbon steel and special alloy steels.
- Ribbon agitator for center discharge.
- Designed for atmospheric operation.
- Top cover depending on the length of the blender.
- Centrally located Flush bottom discharge.
- Stainless steel surfaces are polished to desired standards. All exterior non-stainless surfaces are painted with automotive paint.
- Blender is mounted on supports providing adequate discharge clearance.
Optional Accessories of Ribbon Blenders
- Dimpled or baffled jackets for heating or cooling.
- Continuous ribbon agitator for end discharge, interrupted ribbon for higher density materials, paddles for full or partial loads.
- Wear resistant liner plates for abrasive products.
- Manually or pneumatically operated Butterfly Valve, Slide Gate Valve, Diaphragm Valve, etc. for discharge.
- Split design stuffing boxes, Air-purging stuffing boxes, Mechanical Seals.
- Explosion-proof motors, Variable Speed Drives along with Electrical Control Panel.
- Spraying system for liquid injection.
- Lump breakers for solids or agglomerates size reduction
- Vacuum and pressure construction.
- Inspection, cleaning windows on the container, cover.
- Cover openings, Nozzles as required.
Due to continuous improvements, we reserve the rights to alter and/or amend dimensions/design without prior notice.
The figure for capacities given are for guideline only may very force case to case and depending many factors.